Updated March 2016
This position exists to help C-Life build strategic and lasting partnerships with churches and other like-minded nonprofits.
This may include reaching out to personal contacts, organizational contact, cold prospecting, or networking.
The goal of each activity is to engage friends and potential friends of C-Life to participate in the work of discipling Christian professionals by developing young servant leaders in Cameroon-Africa.
With a limited marking budget, C-Life hopes to continue to spread the word and mission by developing key relationships with churches and other like-minded nonprofits.
The Church + Nonprofit Partnership Coordinator will also determine if new church contacts are potential donors, Advocates, volunteers, or simply someone who would like to pray and stay notified about the work of C-Life.
Length of Project:
This is an ongoing need.
We ask that the volunteer commit to at least one year as the Church + Nonprofit Partnership Coordinator as this position depends on personal relationships, and churches having a consistent point of contact.
- Implement already formulated church partnership strategy for C-Life for the period in question
- Determine if new contacts are potential donors, Advocates, volunteers, or simply someone who would like to pray and stay notified about the work of C-Life. Then implement the already created and managed path for that person. (Example: add email to automatic mailchimp emails, add number to phone call list, give contact to the Advocate Coordinator, etc.)
- Reach out to personal contacts, and build new contacts to help spread the mission of C-Life
- Find out about ongoing church events and volunteer or find volunteers to represent C-Life. This may include nonprofit Fairs, volunteer fairs, church lobby presence, and occasionally speaking in front of bible studies or church congregations.
- Monitor and report progress
- Maintain strong and positive relationships with churches and other contacts
- Communicate effectively with potential donors, church partners, or nonprofit partners to encourage new or increased contributions and support
- Recruit sponsors, participants or volunteers for marketing/church/outreach events
- Update donor database
- Identify and build relationships with contacts
Tools & teams to support you:
- Easy to use web enhanced donor database called Kindful
- A development team, that has already formulated the strategy, communication, graphic designs to support and promote your events
- On-boarding training with the development team (The Nonprofit Consulting Shop)
- Passionate and committed donors and volunteers
- Good Communication Skills: Verbal & written. Able to translate vision with passion and insight
- Ability to research opportunities using the internet, networking and library resources
- Organizational skills: An ability to manage a number of things and contacts at once
- Presentation skills: This role may require presentations made in homes, businesses, local churches, at nonprofits etc.
- Great Customer service: The ability to serve the contacts and donors by appreciating them and providing opportunities for engaging their hearts to the C-Life organization
- People Management: Good relations with donors, contacts, and volunteers, through support and motivation and informing them of progress
- Marketing: Using creative ways to communicate the vision and impact of the work of C-Life
- Enthusiasm & Commitment: You must really believe and be committed to the C-Life cause
- Internship or Stateside Missionary assignment opportunity
- Social Networking and personal growth
- Helping to secure funding that will transform lives and communities in Cameroon and Africa
- The enjoyment of working with other individuals who are passionate about helping others through developing African leaders, fighting corruption, discipling professionals, etc.
- The opportunity to satisfy community service hours that pertain to a degree program, internship requirement or self-education in this particular career. Also an opportunity to give back.
- The excitement of being a part of a new venture grass movement geared towards solving deep rotted socio-economic and spiritual problems in Africa
- Other benefits: personal growth, career growth potential, opportunity to develop and execute creative ideas, opportunity to improve existing ideas
Kari Trent – The Nonprofit Consulting Shop (Development partners)
Steps to Volunteer:
If Interested please provide your name and email contact to Kari Trent at email@example.com with the subject line “Church + Nonprofit Partnership Coordinator”. If you have further questions, call
More Information about C-Life:
Visit our website www.myclife.org and also our social media channels
Thank you for prayerfully considering joining the C-Life family through your gifts and talents!