Updated March 2016
To build a U.S. donor base for C-Life.
This will be done through general development, major donor development, church partnerships, home events, fundraising events, and other fundraising and engagement actives. The goal of each activity is to engage friends and potential friends of C-Life to participate in the work of discipling Christian professionals by developing young servant leaders in Cameroon-Africa.
C-Life is a start-up, so it has a clean donor database, with a small donor file filled with passionate and committed donors. There is a need to keep donors motivated, as well as grow the donor file to accommodate ministry growth.
Length of Project:
This is an ongoing need.
Each volunteer can commit to a specific period of time and to be responsible for a specific kind of donor event or donor relationship building.
- Internship or Stateside Missionary assignment opportunity
- Helping to secure funding that will transform lives and communities in Cameroon and Africa
- The enjoyment of working with other individuals who are passionate about helping others through developing African leaders, fighting corruption, discipling professionals, etc.
- The opportunity to satisfy community service hours that pertain to a degree program, internship requirement or self-education in this particular career. Also an opportunity to give back.
- The excitement of being a part of a new venture grass movement geared towards solving deep rotted socio-economic and spiritual problems in Africa
- Other benefits: personal growth, career growth potential, opportunity to develop and execute creative ideas, opportunity to improve existing ideas
- Implement already formulated fundraising strategy for C-Life for the period in question
- Monitor and report progress of fundraising drives
- Communicate effectively with potential donors to encourage new or increased contributions
- Recruit sponsors, participants or volunteers for fundraising events
- Secure commitments of participation or donation from individuals or corporate donors
- Maintain and update donor database – Kindful
- Identify and build relationships with potential donors
- Help with occasional Mailings, Thank You letters, donor phone calls, etc.
Tools & teams to support you:
- Easy to use web enhanced donor database called Kindful (training included)
- A development team, that has already formulated the strategy, communication, graphic designs to support and promote your events
- On-boarding training with the development team (The Nonprofit Consulting Shop)
- Clean donor database, with small donor file but passionate and committed donors.
- Other volunteers and experienced leadership team
- Good Communication Skills: Verbal & written. Able to translate vision with passion and insight
- Ability to research opportunities using the internet, networking and library resources
- Database analysis: Managing information through mining database information. This will be used for decision making and personally connecting with donors in ways that interest them
- Organizational skills: An ability to manage a number of things at once, and accurately
- Great Customer service: The ability to serve the donors by appreciating them and providing opportunities for engaging their hearts to the C-Life organization
- People Management: Good relations with C-Life staff, C-Life donors and the development team
- Marketing/Technology: basic knowledge of social media and computer skills
- Enthusiasm & Commitment: You must really believe and be committed to the C-Life cause
Kari Trent – The Nonprofit Consulting Shop (Development partners)
Steps to Volunteer:
If Interested please provide your name and email contact to Kari Trent at email@example.com with the subject line “Fundraising Coordinator”. If you have further questions, call
More Information about C-Life:
Visit our website www.myclife.org and also our social media channels
Thank you for prayerfully considering joining the C-Life family through your gifts and talents!