Updated March 2016
The Major Donor Representative exists to help build a Major Donor platform for C-Life.
C-Life is a start-up, so it has a clean donor database, with a small donor file filled with passionate and committed donors. There is a need to keep donors motivated, as well as grow the donor file to accommodate ministry growth.
We are in need of donors who have the potential to give large amounts to help C-Life get off the ground.
This role would include using personal contacts, cold calls, and other resources to connect with potential Major Donors.
The goal would be to develop authentic and meaningful relationships, and help them understand and support the mission of C-Life.
Length of Project:
This is an ongoing need.
Given the complexity, and relational equity that goes into this position, we ask for a 2 year minimum commitment.
- Implement already formulated Major Donor strategy for C-Life for the period in question
- Work with the development team to set and achieve goals
- Build, grow and maintain connections with potential donors
- Convert potential donors into givers, and maintain relationship to show them how their gifts are being used at C-Life
- Willingness to travel as needed to meet with current and potential donors
- Monitor and report progress
- Communicate effectively with potential high income donors to encourage new or increased contributions
- Update donor database
Tools & teams to support you:
- Easy to use web enhanced donor database called Kindful
- A development team, that has already formulated the strategy, communication, graphic designs to support and promote your events
- On-boarding training with the development team (The Nonprofit Consulting Shop)
- Clean donor database, with small donor file but passionate and committed donors.
- Several pre-qualified leads
- Good Communication Skills: Verbal & written. Able to translate vision with passion and insight
- Ability to research opportunities using the internet, networking and library resources
- Database analysis: Managing information through mining database information. This will be used for decision making and personally connecting with donors in ways that interest them
- Organizational skills: An ability to manage a number of things at once, and execute details
- Presentation skills: This role may require presentations made in homes, businesses, local churches, one-on-one, etc.
- Great Customer service: The ability to serve the donors by appreciating them and providing opportunities for engaging their hearts to the C-Life organization
- People Management: Good relations with C-Life staff, C-Life development team, and potential and current donors
- Marketing: Using creative ways to communicate the vision and impact of the work of C-Life
- Enthusiasm & Commitment: You must really believe and be committed to the C-Life cause
- This position has the ability to become a funded position. As funding comes in, a salary will be created to fund this role. Initially, it may function as a volunteer position until a certain level of funds has been raised.
- Internship or Stateside Missionary assignment opportunity
- Helping to secure funding that will transform lives and communities in Cameroon and Africa
- The enjoyment of working with other individuals who are passionate about helping others through developing African leaders, fighting corruption, discipling professionals, etc.
- The opportunity to satisfy community service hours that pertain to a degree program, internship requirement or self-education in this particular career. Also an opportunity to give back.
- The excitement of being a part of a new venture grass movement geared towards solving deep rotted socio-economic and spiritual problems in Africa
- Other benefits: personal growth, career growth potential, opportunity to develop and execute creative ideas, opportunity to improve existing ideas
Kari Trent – The Nonprofit Consulting Shop (Development partners)
Steps to Volunteer:
If Interested please provide your name and email contact to Kari Trent at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Major Donor Representative”. If you have further questions, call
More Information about C-Life:
Visit our website www.myclife.org and also our social media channels
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/clifecommunity/ Thank you for prayerfully considering joining the C-Life family through your gifts and talents!